Sunday, January 4, 2009

box stich-Crochet

I love making blankets for Project Linus. They send the donated handmade security blankets to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need of one. I have sent a few in to my local chapter coordinator. Their website has a ton of wonderful patterns and ideas for inspiration, but I am always looking to supplement my idea stash. Here is a great simple pattern I found on About.com

Box Stitch Carriage Robe

(Approximate Size: 36" x 45")

Materials: 20 ozs. 4 ply knitting worsted yarn. Solid or variegated.

Crochet Hook Size I or any size needed to obtain gauge

Gauge: 1 Pattern = 1 inch

Chain 100. Work in pattern as follows:

ROW 1: 3 dc in 4th ch from hook, *skip 3 sts, 1 sc in next st, ch 3, 3 dc in same st; repeat from * ending with 1 sc in last st (24 patterns), ch 3, turn.

ROW 2: 3 dc in last sc of previous row, *1 sc over the ch 3, ch 3, 3 dc in same place; repeat from * ending with 1 sc in top of ch 3. Ch 3, turn.

Repeat ROW 2 until 55 rows have been completed. Do not break yarn. Continue in pattern, working across each side and lower edge - work one pattern for each ch of 3 at side and one pattern for each pattern across first row. Fasten off.

No comments:

Post a Comment